Today, I am discussing something that everyone has and something that almost everyone wants to get rid of. FAT. I am giving you 8 ways to burn fat. In order to reach any of your weight loss or health and fitness goals, you must get rid of fat and build muscle. Fat stored in our bodies (body fat) can be used for fuel to push us through our workouts resulting in lower body weight and body fat composition.
Since this is the beginning of the year, focusing on burning fat is a good place to start with your health and fitness goals. Decreasing body fat has tons of benefits including healthier weight, less stress on your heart, less stress on your joints, more energy, reducing the risk of developing certain diseases, abs peeking through, hormonal balance, and increased confidence. The list can go on and on.
So what is stopping you from getting started with losing the fat? Below are 8 ways to burn fat and even have fun while doing so.
- Dance – Put on your favorite playlist while doing chores around the house and dance. Dance while folding laundry, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom, washing dishes, etc. Having your children join in with you can be FUN!
- Fasted Cardio – Fasted cardio is performing a cardio activity while your body is in a fasted state meaning, your body has digested and processed what you ate at least 3 hours prior. You can do this first thing in the morning before you get the kiddos up. Set your timer for 15-20 minutes and get busy with some cardio exercises. Your body will need an energy source to pull from and it will get it from your fat storage.
- HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training is where you train your body in alternating short intervals of intense cardio exercise that increases heart rate and short recovery periods where your heart rate will decrease and try to get back to normal. You burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you will after a steady run or brisk walk.
- Vary Your Caloric Intake – Cycle foods in and out of your daily and weekly nutrition. Maybe one day you will eat more calories when you know you will be our running errands, cleaning the house, etc. The next day you can eat fewer calories if you will be staying home. Vary your calories instead of taking in the same amount of calories each day.
- Eat More Healthy Fats – Incorporate more healthy fats into your nutrition selections. Avocados, nuts, Omega 3s, fish oil, olive oil and peanut butter.
- Reduce your Carbohydrates – Be mindful and reduce the amount of sugar and starch you eat.
- Eat The Heat – Add spicy items to your food such as pepper flakes and hot peppers. This will help fire up your metabolism.
- Drink More H2O – Staying hydrated helps to keep your metabolism and other body chemical reactions intact. Try to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces per day. For instance, if you weigh 150 pounds, half of that is 75 pounds. Your minimal consumption should be at least 75 ounces of water per day.
Now that you know how to burn fat, get going and don’t look back!
Until Next Time,
Free 7 Day Fat Burning Workout
Get your free 7 Day Fat Burning Workout Today!