Today I want to break down the truth about burning belly fat. Some moms have been blessed to have snapped back in a short amount of time and some moms have been holding on to the belly fat that has accumulated around their midsection. I hate to be the one to spoil it for you, but crunches and ab workouts will not make your abs show though the layers of fat. I am keeping it real.
Think about this for a moment. Let’s say you challenge your self to perform 100 sit ups, 50 scissor kicks, 30 in and outs, and 3 sets of 60 second plank holds for 5 days per week for 4 weeks. Now you look down to see that you have the same midsection you had 1 month ago. What seems to be the problem you might ask? Did you change your eating habits? if you didn’t, then you have just been strengthening your core and not trimming any fat. For the 4 weeks that have gone by, you have only been MAINTAINING or even GAINING more body fat. You have to change your diet/nutrition/eating habits. You don’t have to make drastic changes but I will discuss simple changes that will help you see improvements.
Simple Nutrition Tweaks
- Incorporate more complex carbohydrates in your meals as opposed to simple carbohydrates.
- Cut down on the amount of sugar you consume. If you drink sodas, try drinking only one per day instead of 2 or more. Leave the desserts for 1 to 2 times per week and only one serving or replace them with a serving of fruit. Also, replace raw sugar with honey or agave nectar.
- Drink more water. Set an alarm and every 2 hours and drink 1 bottle of water. You can do this during an 8 hour day. By the time 8 hours go by, 4 bottles of water will be consumed which equates to a little more than half of a gallon! Click here for tips to help you drink more water.
- Monitor your sodium intake. Sodium makes your body retain water. You feel puffy and tight. If you reduce your sodium intake, it increases your chance of those feeling going away and reducing your overall water weight in your body.
- Prepare your snacks in advance. Keep them in your purse just as you would do for snack for your children. Pack your snacks too.
These are just a few tweaks you can make that will make a huge difference. Now couple that with some form of cardio for 3-4 days out of the week, then you will begin to see the fat shed away. Once you get the fat down, then you abs will begin to show. Try incorporating Hula Hooping and Jump Roping as a form of cardio. Ab workouts help to strengthen and tone your core. So if you have been doing tons of ab workouts and not seeing surface results, just remember that you have been strengthening and toning but it has been hidden by the layers of fat. Don’t worry. Your ab workouts have not been in vain.
Remember, consistent small changes will equate to big accomplishments.
Until Next Time,
Free 7 Day Fat Burning Workout
Get your free 7 Day Fat Burning Workout Today!